I recently made this for a casual dinner party. It was a hit with the kids as well as the adults! Thanks to Julia's Eats & Treats for the easy recipe. I used my standard brownie mix (Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies). If you really wanted to make this quickly, you could buy already baked brownies. This would work in a regular bowl, but it looks so pretty in a Trifle Bowl. I used a 9" Trifle Bowl, link below.
- 1 (19.5 oz) Pillsbury Milk Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 (13 oz) packages Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 c. 2% milk
- 2 (5.1 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 (8 oz) cartons Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using a 9x13 in pan. Make sure not to over bake the brownies.
- Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut Reese's peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well.Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a trifle bowl. Top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate until chilled.