Thanks to my friend Charlotte for sharing this healthy, easy, delicious recipe! And to The Silver Pen for posting it.
14oz. can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, dried on a kitchen towel
1 head cauliflower, outer leaves removed, cut into bite-sized florets
extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp seeded mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c chopped italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan with 3 tbsp of olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Roast, stirring now and then, until everything is dark and the cauliflower is quite soft, about 45 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mustards, vinegar, and 1/4 c olive oil with a big pinch of salt, and a few healthy grinds of black pepper.
- While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and parsley.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is originally from Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook "It's All Good," which Mom gave me. Thanks, Mom!