Another recipe from Gwyneth's cookbook....another hit! The salad is originally from Lee Gross, and published in Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook, It's All Good.
I made this salad for a Sunday dinner outside with friends, and everyone loved it! I served it alongside her Sriracha salmon. You could also put a protein on top of the salad. Healthy & flavorful, this will now be one of my go to salads!
vietnamese salad ingredients
- 4 large bok choy leaves, rough bottoms discarded, stems cut into 1/4" bias and leaves shredded
- 4 big leaves Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch watercress (discard thick stems), roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- the leaves from about 8 stems each basil, mint, cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 red Thai chili (or more....or less), thinly sliced (I couldn't find at the market, so I substituted serrano chile)
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, roughly chopped (I used a little more)
- Viatnamese Dressing
Toss the bok choy, cabbage, watercress, carrot, herbs, cucumber, chili, 1/4 cup of peanuts together with enough dressing to coat. Serve sprinkled with remaining peanuts.
vietnamese dressing ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sesame oil (I used regular sesame oil)
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced shallot
Whisk all ingredients together; dressing will keep for a week in the fridge.