I am starting a little photo project in my guest room. Won't it feel homey and welcoming to see family photos on the wall? I think these look best when all the photos are the same size......which can be tricky if you are working with old photos.
Also, matted frames help the look to feel more sophisticated.
Some inspiration: (none of these photos are my home!)
Decisions include the following:
- frame color leaning toward white or brass or light wood
- frame thickness thinner
- photo size sorting through photos to see if I can do square, vertical, or horizontal
- matte size I prefer a larger matte
- number of photos not too crowded
- color or black and white not sure yet
- hanging skills these measuring details are not my specialty - I will definitely be using Task Rabbit
In the right space, a gallery wall adds a lot of personality. Keep things feeling fresh by swapping out the photos once in a while. I would love a collection of Xmas photos during the holidays. They don't all have to be people. For example, you could do a collection of nature photos from travel. A collection of doors. A collection of trees. Look through your photos or get your camera and head out into the world. Create a collection!