Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa recipe - not a surprise! It was easy and the feedback was “this is a restaurant quality meal.” Lots of leftovers - a cozy meal for a winter night.Read More
Here is one of the things I make for dinner when I don't know what to make for dinner. It is basic, simple, easy, fast, & healthy.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) hazelnuts—toasted, skinned, and roughly chopped (or use pine nuts)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small wedge (about 2 ounces) Parmesan
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise into long ribbons.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the spaghetti and asparagus and return them to the pot.
- Add the oil and hazelnuts; toss. Add the salt and pepper; toss again.
- Divide the spaghetti among individual plates. With the peeler, shave the Parmesan over the top.
- Simply chop the asparagus instead of the ribbons.
- Add a few drops of balsamic vinegar when you add the olive oil.
info & nutrition:
- Hands-On Time 15 min
- Total Time 20 min
- Calories 625 calories
- Calories 46 calories from fat
- Sat Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Sodium 706 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Carbohydrate 71 g
- Sugar 6 g
- Fiber 4 g
Thank you, Real Simple, for this recipe I read in your magazine 10 years ago.